Idletimeout patch

Jani Jaakkola jjaakkol at cs.Helsinki.FI
Tue Aug 21 00:08:25 EST 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Markus Friedl wrote:

> but how large is the benefit/line ratio for this patch?

Well, in the environment where I am network administrator we must
have  this functionality, so the amount of extra lines is definetely
acceptable. IMHO, this patch is actually more useful than the client
alive thing.

I guess it could be easily made a configure time option, if the extra
amount of bytes is not acceptable for some people.

- Jani