permitopen flag in authorized_keys file

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Tue Aug 28 04:35:18 EST 2001

I've just discovered the permitopen flag.  We need such a feature for
our poor man's VPN services, but this flag seems to be usable only if
you generate your authorized_keys file from a database or something
like that: keeping a long list of host/port combinations up to date
for several users and keys is no fun.

As announced before, we have developed a far more powerful mechanism
for controlling port forwarding, see:

        http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/projects/openssh.php

(I'm currenty porting it to the most recent portable OpenSSH version.)

Why haven't you used this already existing code?

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/