Force S/Key for all but known hosts?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Aug 31 00:55:35 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm not sure if what I'm thinking of is doable with current OpenSSH's,
and if yes, how.

I want to force our users to use S/Key-Authentication, but only if they
do not come from "known hosts".  "known hosts" could be hosts that
are listed via IP address ("network 192.168.0.0/24") or hosts that are
listed in ssh_known_hosts - this doesn't really matter, the important
thing is:

 - known hosts -> password authentication is OK
 - unknown hosts -> only S/Key authentication is permitted

is that possible?

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de