hang on exit bug under Linux

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Tue Dec 11 09:41:11 EST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

> Second off, this is part of the problem.  We have *SOO* many (excuse my
> language) fucking people whining about a bug in the portable release, but
> no one willing to lend us a hand on solving the bug instead of covering
> it up.

It might be a lot better for everyone if we just try to say "Hey, we
know... we could use some help solving this confirmed problem.", instead
of all the screaming... ;-)  The average user that submits a problem to
this list has no idea of the number of actual real "coders" that can
actually devote serious time to improving and fixing bugs in OpenSSH, so
they probably don't know what to expect in terms of "support" - so they
guess too high.

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key