-c none option

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Tue Dec 11 12:24:44 EST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Gary E. Miller wrote:
:M$ distributes a special version of their Remote Desktop Cient (RDP,
:formerly TSC) without encryption just for the French market.  Some
:French oriented distributor could do the same for OpenSSH.

microsoft has different goals than we do, as well as different finances,
etc.

http://www.openbsd.org/goals.html

:If I was managing any equipment in France I would think auth only
:SSH was a big step up from telnet.

see goals.html:

     "We want to make available source
     code that anyone can use for ANY PURPOSE, with no restrictions. We
     strive to make our software robust and secure, and encourage companies to
     use whichever pieces they want to."

:What France had done with their crypto regs is wrong, but they will
:not change just because of us, so we must adapt as best we can.

no, see goals.html:

     "Be as politics-free as possible; solutions should be decided on the basis
     of technical merit."