reversing the roles of ssh and sshd

Clark C . Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Sun Dec 30 05:33:56 EST 2001

I have a box behind a firewall that I'd like to administer.  The
firewall allows outgoing connections, but blocks all incoming
connection requests.  Thus, behind the firewall I can ssh out
to my server, but I can't do the reverse.   I found Sebastian
Krahmer's OpenSSH Reverse [1] which looks very promising, but
it is a few revisions behind.   I was wondering if anyone has
considered integrating this with the OpenSSH code base.  It
seems like such a useful feature...

Best,

Clark

[1] http://www.securiteam.com/tools/6I00N0K03K.html
    http://teso.scene.at/releases/openssh.reverse.tgz
    Patched OpenSSH (cl+sv) for tunneling firewalls
    (client connects to server)