sftp / latest snapshot

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Feb 9 04:52:15 EST 2001

Hi!

I have just played around a little bit with the actual CVS on HP-UX 10.20.
- In openbsd-compat/Makefile.in the .c.o default rule is missing:
  .c.o:
	  $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) -c $<
- Linking sftp fails, because seed_rng() cannot be resolved. Actually it
  is in entropy.c (libssh) and needed by arc4random.c. A similar problem
  has been discussed several days ago and the problem should be solved by
  removing arc4random calls from sftp-client.c. In the ChangeLog there is:
  20010208
  - (djm) Fix linking of sftp, don't need arc4random any more.
  But sftp-client is dated Feb 5 and still contains the calls. Maybe the
  check-in was forgotten!?
- I am not sure whether piddir (explicitly specified) should be set to
  sysconfdir just like that without a comment if piddir does not exist.
  Wouldn't it be better to create piddr during "make install"?
  -> configure.in
- At the end of configure.in
  echo "                 User binaries: $B"
  is contained twice.

Having this said, I could connect and transfer some files using sftp
and sftp-server. However: opening the connections was abysmally slow
(20 seconds), I don't know yet the reason. I can reproduce it by a simple
slogin and comparing with other hosts using 2.3.0p1 it seems to be caused
by the server side.

So much for now,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/