patches for UnixWare v2.x pty (misc.c,configure.in)

Tom Rudnick tom at avatar.itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Feb 13 08:27:14 EST 2001

> > The second patch adds a section "*-*-sysv4.2uw2*" to configure to
> > set the TEST_MINUS_S_SH shell and define USE_PIPES.
>
> Why the TEST_MINUS_S_SH change?
> It's autodetected just fine on UnixWare
> I tested on UnixWare 2.03, UnixWare 2.13, UnixWare 7.1.0

...Hmm, yes it is.  I just re-tested without the manual define
and it autodetected flawlessly.

When I first ran configure with the TEST_MINUS_S_SH in it, I got a
munged output line for that test.  (it ran together with the
"testing for ls..." line after it.)

I quickly added a manual define and it went away. Now that I
take the manual define out and re-configure, it looks fine too.

It appears that I moved on too quickly. Drop that change.

> What are you seeing that USE_PIPES fixes?
> Ie. How can I duplicate the problem here.

I brought forward USE_PIPES from scp hanging problems in 2.3.0p1.
They still exist in the version I just built from today's cvs.

After completing a copy, the client returns a prompt, but the
session is still active (still has  "sh -c scp -t file",
"scp -t file", and "sshd" active on the server, plus ssh command
on client).

Typing an INTR on the client returns an error of "Killed by signal 2",
at which point everything exits.

To test it, I ran:

scp file localhost:file.2

I also tested scp from a remote 2.3.0p1 client with the same results.

Let me know if you can duplicate this or not.

-Tom

--
Tom Rudnick     | USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service