Configure suggestion

Larry Jones larry.jones at sdrc.com
Fri Feb 16 07:55:24 EST 2001

I just downloaded and build 2.3.0p1 on BSD/OS 4.0.1 and 4.1 with no
problems.  Good job, guys!  I did notice that although configure looks
for both LASTLOG_FILE and _PATH_LASTLOG, it only looks for UTMP_FILE and
WTMP_FILE.  BSD/OS doesn't define those, but it does define _PATH_UTMP
and _PATH_WTMP (in <utmp.h>, same as _PATH_LASTLOG), so you may want to
have configure check for them, too.  (It's not a problem since BSD/OS
keeps them in one of the standard places that configure looks when the
macros aren't defined, but it would be cleaner.)

-Larry Jones

The surgeon general should issue a warning about playing with girls. -- Calvin