Name Change

Edward S. Marshall emarshall at mercantec.com
Fri Feb 16 06:11:38 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, John Weaver wrote:
> Not to be militant, but "ssh"  works just fine for me.

Agreed here. Sorry, but "SSH" is a common-use acronym at this point. No
enforcement of your trademark means no recourse when it's used in common
practice. *shrug*

(I'm not a lawyer, this isn't legal advice, yadda, yadda, yadda. By the
way, has anyone actually had their legal people weigh in on this? Is
there an accounting of who has actually received legal notice of
infringement? Should someone perhaps put a statement of the issues at
www.openssh.com? )

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshall at mercantec.com>                 UNIX Administrator
http://www.nyx.net/~emarshal/                                   Mercantec, Inc.