terminate on re-key request (patch)

Marko Asplund aspa at kronodoc.fi
Sat Feb 17 22:34:59 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Pekka Savola wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Marko Asplund wrote:
> > here's a small patch for making OpenSSH v2.3.0p1 client gracefully
> > terminate the SSH2 connection when it receives a key re-exchange request
> > from the server. the patch has been tested against SSH's v2.3.0 server on
> > linux.
>
> Better (AFAIS) patch is already in there:

it doesn't seem to be working for me. OpenSSH client just says 'Hm,
dispatch protocol error: type 20 plen 136' and the connection hangs when
SSH's server sends a re-key request. this is the same behaviour as without
the patch.

the patch seems to be expecting SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_INIT packet and the SSH
Transport Layer Protocol IETF draft spec speaks about using
SSH_MSG_KEXINIT. should the packet type in the patch be SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT
instead?

is anyone working on re-key support, by the way?

--
	aspa