SSH2 PATH problem

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Mon Feb 19 00:06:10 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Devon Bleak wrote:

> still broken on solaris 7 with pam enabled (works fine with pam disabled).
>
> on another note, scp also appears to be broken when the server side is
> solaris 7 with pam enabled (works fine with pam disabled).  i have ssh
> falling under 'other' in pam.conf.
> sshd -d -d -d output is attached for an scp attempt from a slackware 7.1
> machine also running latest cvs code (sorry about any CRLF formatting
> issues, i created the files on a windows machine).

How does scp fail (as seen from the client end)?

The $PATH stuff has got me stumped though - I suspect that it may be PAM
related, but the only change to the PAM code in the timeframe where people
started reporting problems was the moving of the "account" processing from
before to after the fork() in session.c. Are there any subtle
Solaris PAM implementation issues that I am missing?

-d