Cannot connect to OpenSSH 2.5.1p1

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 03:20:44 EST 2001

lzirkel at cleverly.com said:
> When I had this same problem I got the latest openssl rpms from RedHat
> (I had the ones from OpenSSH.com) and it resolved the problem.  What
> the difference is between the two I don't know.  You might give that a
> try.

Red Hat broke their openssl libraries - badly.  It appears they spent
time knocking out anything that could have patent problems, but since
they didn't change the version numbers or signatures, things still link
against their libraries but crash later.

Avoid any RH crypto code for this reason.  In general recompile all
packages for your own environment.

	Nigel.