openssh wish list for 2.6.*

Johan Adolfsson johan.adolfsson at axis.com
Wed Feb 21 03:56:04 EST 2001

(Maybe slightly off topic)
When experimenting with crosscompiling openSSH for our own CPU
I have the needed libraries (libssl, libcrypto etc.) installed in a lib
directory
where i build the target image, I guess you could do something similar?
(instead of having -L options pointing out the specific source locations,
install the needed lib somewhere locally and have a single -L entry
pointing to that location)

I do something like this from a "top" Makefile (it's not nice I know...:)
working as a wrapper for the openssl configur script and Makefile.
(I posted some patches to improve crosscompilability some time ago,
 but haven't checked if they ever made it to the CVS)

CONFOPTIONS = \
--with-random=/dev/urandom \
--prefix= \
--with-ssl-dir=$(prefix) \
--localstatedir=/var \
--sysconfdir=/etc

CONFTARGET = elinux-aout-etrax100
CONFOPTIONS += --includedir=$(prefix)/include/uC-libc

CFLAGS += -I$(prefix)/include
LDFLAGS += -L$(prefix)/lib

#CFLAGS += -static
#LDFLAGS += -static

OPTS= -DGETPGRP_VOID=1

ENVSETTINGS = WANTS_RSAREF=0
ENVSETTINGS += no_dev_ptmx=1
ENVSETTINGS += no_dev_ptc=1
ENVSETTINGS += rsa_works=1

all: build

configure $(WRAPDIR)/Makefile: $(WRAPDIR)/Makefile.in
        rm -f $(WRAPDIR)/config.cache
        (cd $(WRAPDIR); RANLIB="$(RANLIB)" AR="$(AR)" INSTALL="$(INSTALL)"
CC="$
(CC)" CPP="$(CPP)" CPPLAGS="$(CPPLAGS)" CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) $(OPTS)"
LDFLAGS="$(LDFLAGS)" HOST="\"elinux\"" $(ENVSETTINGS) DESTDIR=$(prefix)
 ./configure $(CONFOPTIONS)  )

Any better ideas?
/Johan