PORTING to IBM OS/390: select() always returning 0 in entropy.c

Paul Anderson paul-anderson at paul-anderson.com
Sun Jan 7 10:31:14 EST 2001

Hi,
    Thanks for you reply, I hear what your saying about /dev/urandom, I work
for IBM and I'll sugget it to the development team. I ended up using prngd
by Lutz.Jaenicke which worked fine. OpenSHH now works on my S/390 but it's a
bit flakey due to the the EBCDIC 390 talking to ASCII clients, SCP works but
will put  even binary files throught the ASCII-EBCDIC conversion.

Paul Anderson.