PORTING to IBM OS/390: select() always returning 0 in entropy.c

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Sun Jan 7 19:51:56 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 11:31:14PM -0000, Paul Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>     Thanks for you reply, I hear what your saying about /dev/urandom, I work
> for IBM and I'll sugget it to the development team. I ended up using prngd
> by Lutz.Jaenicke which worked fine. OpenSHH now works on my S/390 but it's a
> bit flakey due to the the EBCDIC 390 talking to ASCII clients, SCP works but
> will put  even binary files throught the ASCII-EBCDIC conversion.

Would you kindly consider send me the compiler flags, entropy collection
commands and maybe other changes made for inclusion into the prngd-release?

Thanks,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/