Difference 2.1.1 and 2.3.0p1 on Reliant UNIX

Bladt Norbert Norbert.Bladt at adi.ch
Tue Jan 9 18:48:45 EST 2001

Hi !

I upgraded one of our Reliant UNIX systems from 2.1.1 to 2.3.0p1.
Now, I suddenly can't login any more.
The error message is:
	Attempting authentication for illegal user ...
The reason is:
	Password expiration
Although I don't use my password to login, at all.
I login via RSAAuthentication and this did work with version 2.1.1.
Version 2.3.0p1, obviously, checks the password expiration and sets the
"illegal user flag" before it tries the RSAAuthentication.
These kind of problems are not easy to determine without looking at
the source and adding calls to debug(...) to it.

Is that change intended or is this the result of the "added" support
for Reliant UNIX ?

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt