openssh 2.3.0p1 doesn't show fingerprints

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Mon Jan 15 11:22:26 EST 2001

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Noam Sturmwind wrote:
: > the default is
: > 	StrictHostKeyChecking ask
: > and this should be ok for less advanced users.
:
: This is interesting... on my build (precompiled Mandrake cooker,
: openssh-2.3.0p1-7.3mdk) the default is StrictHostKeyChecking no. man
: ssh(1) says for StrictHostKeyChecking, "The argument must be ``yes'' or
: ``no''." No mention of an 'ask' setting anywhere I can find, though it
: does work if I set it to ask. Thanks for the help.

i see ssh.1 doesn't document ask.

a good task for someone that's interested is to review pieces of code
and compare that to the corresponding man page (readconf.c/ssh.1
serverconf.c/sshd.8, etc) and make sure they are accurate and in sync,
and provide patches when they are not.

is anyone interested?