OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 won't build on IRIX 5.2

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jan 19 20:06:10 EST 2001

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:32:02PM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > On my SCO Open Server 3 machine,
> > configure finds regcomp and therefor will not test for pcre
> > but there is no regex.h in the system include files.
>
> Your making me have flashbacks on why I really dislike SCO. =)

Ummm, yeah, SCO is very much "different".  OTOH, comparison isn't really
fair, as one would have to compare SCO 3.0 to Linux 1.0 (or earlier) - my
system was installed in May 1993...

> Where does SCO keep it's regcomp() defination?  if it does not
> have a regex.h?

It doesn't.  Weird enough - no regex.h, and no mention of regcomp() in any
file under /usr/include.  There is no man page for regcomp either, but
it's in libc.

<stdlib.h> mentions a <regcmp.h>, but that doesn't exist either. *ugh*

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de