OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 won't build on IRIX 5.2

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Jan 20 03:08:13 EST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:32:02PM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > > On my SCO Open Server 3 machine,
> > > configure finds regcomp and therefor will not test for pcre
> > > but there is no regex.h in the system include files.
> >
> > Your making me have flashbacks on why I really dislike SCO. =)
>
> Ummm, yeah, SCO is very much "different".  OTOH, comparison isn't really
> fair, as one would have to compare SCO 3.0 to Linux 1.0 (or earlier) - my
> system was installed in May 1993...

Well.. my SCO days were just around the Linux 1.0 days.  SCO, DG/UX, and
Interactive UNIX where the platforms I was forced to admin (along with a
little Slackware box I brought with me to the job).  and that was 1995
(Linux was still pre-1.0 in may of 93).

> > Where does SCO keep it's regcomp() defination?  if it does not
> > have a regex.h?
>
> It doesn't.  Weird enough - no regex.h, and no mention of regcomp() in any
> file under /usr/include.  There is no man page for regcomp either, but
> it's in libc.
>
> <stdlib.h> mentions a <regcmp.h>, but that doesn't exist either. *ugh*

Pitty.. Looks like we need a fake-regexp.h  or something to fill the void.

- Ben