CuteFTP and sftp.

Markus Friedl Markus.Friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jan 25 02:20:13 EST 2001

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 04:32:25PM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> For those who did not get the annoucement.  CuteFTP is now claiming to
> support sftp as stated in the RFC.  And at first glace it *SORTA* works.=)

could you send me the annoucement+url, please.

> I can upload files, but the directory listings are broken (it does not
> someone wanders in looking for help on the topic.

do you have debugging output from sftp-server?

> Markus, is sftp suppose to support multiple active transfers at once?  I
> was able to get CuteFTP to send two files at the same time.

i don't know what CuteFTP does.
openssh's sshd allows 10 concurrent sessions over a single ssh
connection. e.g. with ssh.com's windows client you can authenticate
and click on new terminal window and new file transfer several
times. this is all multiplexed over a single ssh connection.

however, it's also possible that the sftp client sends
mutiple open and read request, since the request contain
identifiers. the same identifiers are used in the replies.

-markus