CuteFTP and sftp.

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Jan 25 04:24:29 EST 2001

> > Markus, is sftp suppose to support multiple active transfers at once?  I
> > was able to get CuteFTP to send two files at the same time.
>
> i don't know what CuteFTP does.
> openssh's sshd allows 10 concurrent sessions over a single ssh
> connection. e.g. with ssh.com's windows client you can authenticate
> and click on new terminal window and new file transfer several
> times. this is all multiplexed over a single ssh connection.
>
> however, it's also possible that the sftp client sends
> mutiple open and read request, since the request contain
> identifiers. the same identifiers are used in the replies.

I played with this at some lengths last night (mainly to write a
personal patch to mimic ftp's /etc/shells feature).  The behavior (from a
bystanders view) is that when you transfer multiple files (I never did
more then around 4 at a time.) it spawns off a new sshd and sftp-server
per sftp.  It will hold on them until you close the connection in the
CuteFTP client.

Unsure if that is the same thing ssh.com's client does (since I don't
normally use it).

- Ben