Solaris 2.6 Bug part 2

Sherrod, Andrew andrew.sherrod at tfn.com
Thu Jan 25 04:07:06 EST 2001

I took the advice from this list and a website I found and tried to build
Openssh after running:

-with-default-path=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

It did not appear to fix my scp problem.

I then gave the configure script a very cursory reading, and decided to try
"--without-default-path".

That is where the bug appears. Running just ./configure or ./configure with
the default path option worked fine. Make ran without event. After running
--without-default-path, the Makefile had no value at all set for $AR which
broke the Makefile. (It is easily enough filled by manually changing "AR="
to "AR=ar", but it is annoying.)

Any idea why this is broken, or why the --with-default-path=... doesn't let
sshd find my /usr/local/bin/scp?

Thanks for all the help.

Andrew Sherrod