'Bad Packet Length' error?

Ben Ricker bricker at us-rx.com
Tue Jan 16 03:07:47 EST 2001

After upgrading my client with 2.4p1, I started getting the folowing
errors when using slogin to login to a server:

2f 75 73 72 2f 6c 6f 63
Disconnecting: Bad packet length 796226418.

Thinking it was the 2.4 upgrade, I uninstalled 2.4 and reinstalled 2.3
client. Problem still exists. I have OpenSSH 2.3 installed as the server.

I even deleted the key entry on the client side by editing the
'known_hosts' file. Still get that error message. Strangely enough, I
can ssh into other boxes and then ssh into the box I cannot ssh into
directcly!

Any ideas?

Ben Ricker
Senior Web Administrator