Kerberos Books/Documents

Yozo TODA yozo at imit.chiba-u.ac.jp
Wed Jul 18 12:14:00 EST 2001

I have no experience with kerberized ssh, but...

> a specification. With that, I'm interested in what books/docs/etc does
> anyone recommend to get a good understanding of:
>
> 1. Kerberos implementations in general
> 2. Kerberizing SSH to work in that type of environment
> 3. Utilizing SSH in a kerberized environment

OpenBSD FAQ 10.11 (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faa10.html#10.11)
describes kerberosIV server/client setup.
some links to other docs there.
(wow, which OS and which version of openssh you're using?)

your first step should be setting up kerberized telnet/rlogin etc.
I suppose it helps your understanding of kerberos environment.
check if kerberos server/client setup is done correctly.

and the next step is
reading ssh manpage and examining configuration options again.
I believe you already read ssh and sshd manpage many times (-:

-- yozo.