how can I reduce binary size of sshd?

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Mar 1 12:42:16 EST 2001

Umm.. I would trust RSA over DSA any day of the week.  Unless you know you
have a solid system entropy (aka /dev/random) on the machine your porting
to.

I also suggest looking at what parts of openbsd-compat/ is being included
and update your core libraries with better tuned code for your platform.

If your using sshv2 only you may want to limit your crypto to one
or two.  3DES is required.  Blowfish would be a good secondary one.

Also limit your MACs to maybe a subset of the Internet draft.

Other then that.. All you can do is attempt to tighten up existing code.

If you staticly compile ssl into ssh then you should not have to worry
about stripping OpenSSL.

- Ben