AllowHosts / DenyHosts

Dan Kaminsky dankamin at cisco.com
Fri Mar 2 03:27:06 EST 2001

> > So tell me some complex policies that would be useful, that require
keynote.

> everything that requires some kind of hierarchy.
>
> everything that requires some kind of delegation.

OK, I can see this being useful.  Lets explicitly create a suffix, "If",
that matches any configuration option selectable by the opposite(could be
client or server).

===
IfHost 129.210.*.*
   Ciphers blowfish-cbc

IfCiphers blowfish-cbc
   X11Forwarding no
===

Want negation?

===
IfHost not 129.210.*.*
   Ciphers blowfish-cbc

IfCiphers != blowfish-cbc
   X11Forwarding no
===

But still, give me a concrete example of something really cool we can do
with Keynote that doesn't fit with trivial modifications to your existing
very readable syntax.  Thus far, I just haven't seen anything that justifies
either the security risk or the difficulty in learning the syntax.

Yours Truly,

    Dan Kaminsky, CISSP
    www.doxpara.com