AllowHosts / DenyHosts

Devon Bleak devon at admin2.gisnetworks.com
Fri Mar 2 04:26:53 EST 2001

i really don't see where this thread is going (if it's not my place to make
this comment then please forgive me)...

if you don't want/trust/need keynote support, then don't compile it in
(although i haven't actually heard that this is going to be something you
can opt out of, most of the stuff like this in OpenSSH is, and i'm sure that
at this point in the game it wouldn't require much effort to make it so).
i've gone over and over keynote notation/whatever you want to call it, and
still can't understand it.  that doesn't mean that i don't think it's a good
thing to have there if i want to learn and use it at some point in the
future.

personally, i think it'd be great to be able to set options in sshd based on
what user is logging in or what host they're logging in from or what key
they're using to log in or any number of other things.  i was actually going
to suggest/request something like that a couple days ago, but now that the
opportunity and possibility of using someone else's code and not having to
reinvent the wheel has come up, i think we should definitely grab it!

devon