Sftp client improvements

Mats Andersson mats at mindbright.se
Wed Mar 7 19:06:55 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Damien Miller wrote:
> It is a neat trick, but IMO anything that extends the life of the FTP
> protocol is bad mojo :)

Try telling that to WinDOS people having become fond of their integrated
totally fancy heavily desktop-integrated ftp-client without giving them an
alternative :-).

I'm not protecting ftp here, but given our client is written in java we
can't easily compete feature-wise with any "real" ftp-client anyway so
this was the best thing I could come up with :-).

Cheers,

/Mats