OpenSSH/scp ->> F-Secure SSH server Problems

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sun Mar 11 16:21:47 EST 2001

[ On Tuesday, March 6, 2001 at 18:47:10 (-0500), Davis, Ricardo C. wrote: ]
> Subject: OpenSSH/scp ->> F-Secure SSH server Problems
>
> Is there some know problem between the 'scp' client in OpenSSH 2.5.1p1 and
> F-Secure's SSH 2.4.0 server?  The client is running on a Linux (2.2.17) box
> and server is running on Win2K.  When I try to transfer files it asks me for
> the password (which I provide) then it hangs.  Using 'scp -v' didn't provide
> any helpful info; it's as though the problem happened before the
> authentication completed.  I've looked through both the openssh-unix-dev and
> secure-shell list archives and I haven't seen any issue between the two.

OpenSSH does not yet seem to implement server support for SSH-v2.4's
"scp" which now, for reasons that mystify me greatly, seems to now
depend on sftp on the server side.

However I have not had any trouble with any OpenSSH client "scp" talking
to an SSH-2.4 server.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>