Problems with SSH2 display under OpenServer

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 13 20:48:26 EST 2001

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 04:15:59PM -0700, Greg Jewell wrote:
> There appears to be a display issue when connecting to an OpenServer
> system using SSH2.  I've compiled OpenSSH 2.5.1p1 on SunOS 5.7, HP-UX
> 11, and OpenServer 5.0.5.  Whenever the destination is the OpenServer
> system, the display has a step-ladder effect.  This behavior exhibits
> itself no matter what box the origination point is.

Sounds as if "opost onlcr" isn't set - calling "stty sane" in your
.profile should fix it.

> A quick inspection revealed that the stty settings of the login are not
> "standard".  Manually changing the stty settings for that session
> alleviates the problem.  Of course, when you reconnect, the problem pops
> up again.

ssh protocol 2 doesn't transmit the tty settings from client to server
(yet) - protocol 1 does - so it's up to the server side to make sure stty
settings are "standard" when the session starts up.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de