Bug in bsd-misc.c

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Mar 14 08:22:29 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 wwieser at gmx.de wrote:

> > > #if !defined(HAVE_STRERROR) && defined(HAVE_SYS_ERRLIST) &&
> > > defined(HAVE_SYS_NERR)
> > > const char *strerror(int e)
> > > {
> > >         extern int sys_nerr;
> > >         extern char *sys_errlist[];
> > >
> > >         if ((e >= 0) || (e < sys_nerr))
> > >                 return("unlisted error");
> > >         else
> > >                 return(sys_errlist[e]);
> > > }
> > > #endif
> > >
> > Should the "||" be changed to "&&" as well?
> >
> Err... only if you want it to be bug-free :)

If no one has any qarums with this then I'll fix it when I get home
tonight.

> > However, I'm interested in how you ran across this with Linux since Linux
> > has a built in strerror(). =)
> >
> Wanted to check out incompabilities and functions missing on different
> platforms.

If you have a list of functions missing or misimplemeted it would be
interesting to see.

At one point I though it would be a nice subproject to build a perl script
where people could submit their output from ./configure and it can be used
to generated a database of missing/broken functions which may make it
easier to know who to beg to test changes.

- Ben