X forwarding from Linux -> Irix not working

Andrew Daviel andrew at andrew.triumf.ca
Sat Mar 17 11:18:32 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Kevin Taylor wrote:

> I'm logging in from an irix machine to a linux machine (both running
> openssh-2.5.1p2) and am unable to run any X applications.

I had this the other way around. Turned out that xauth was not being run
properly from sshd because /etc/ssh/sshrc existed and was not running
xauth. After you login you can use "xauth\nlist" and it should have a
couple of entries and be using an authority file /tmp/ssh-xxxx/cookies.
The path to xauth is set by the configure script but can be overridden in
sshd_config.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376