linux X forwarding still not working

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Wed Mar 21 02:22:10 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 10:05:33AM -0500, Kevin Taylor wrote:
> > >       Use IPv4 by default hack: yes
> > >        Translate v4 in v6 hack: yes
> >
> > This message in your previous debug message seems relevant:
> >
> > debug1: x11_create_display_inet: Socket family 10 not supported
> >
> > There is a (perhaps) significant difference: you're using /usr/LOCAL tree.
> >
> > Make sure that XAUTH_PATH in config.h points to the right right place.
> >

> /* Define if xauth is found in your path */
> #define XAUTH_PATH "/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth"
>
> Just for the sake of argument. I'm going to symlink xauth to
> /usr/LOCAL/ssh/bin....just to see what happens. I don't think it should
> matter.

For what its worth: Socket family 10 is AF_INET6 (at least on my SuSE 7.1,
kernel 2.4.2).
I have just installed openssh-2.5.2p1 and X forwarding seems to work..
Therefore by plainly reading the offending line in the source (channels.c:1992)
I would say that you have a problem with IPv6 support.
I cannot see any relation to xauth, since the error message is the direct
consequence of a failed socket() call.

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/