SSH doesnt let me login (fwd)

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Mar 21 20:44:22 EST 2001

This is caused by the fact that you're using MD5 passwords (use
--with-md5-passwords if you don't want to use PAM) and you haven't enabled
PAM (--with-pam).

As a rule, I should say that you should use the RPM's unless you know what
you're doing.  ./configure --help gives some pointers.

-- 8<---
Hi

I installed openssh and i tried to log into my machine from another
machine. It says permission denied even though I have given the correct
passwd. I built openssh from the sources on a PIII box running redhat6.2

I installed openssh removing my ssh.com's ssh in the hope that it will
work fine too

Please help
Debo

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"