living with masq

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Fri Mar 23 16:36:09 EST 2001

I'm on too many lists already, so haven't joined this one. If you have
things that I really need to know, please reply or CC me off-list.

I often work through masqueraded (NAT) links, and find that the
following patch is able to keep an idle ssh link up where nothing else
will. Please consider making it a part of the main ssh package.

http://chaos2.org/~jacob/code/openssh/patch-openssh-1.2.3-trans_inter-r3.gz

I understand that Linux-Mandrake, starting with the updates to their
distribution release number 7.2, includes this patch routinely. I myself
have never had a problem with it. Does it do anything nasty to other
(non-Linux) systems?

--
"I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York
said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't