Bug in bsd-waitpid.c and bsd-nextstep.c

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Mon Mar 26 04:46:19 EST 2001

> As you write that you got the code from a Usenet post, I would recommend
> to check out other portions of the code for correct use of pointer arguments.

Thanks, I already did this.  Those are the only two functions.  The
rest comes from the OpenBSD tree.

However, looking over waitpid().  It may not be cross-platform supported.
It was written directly for NeWS and NeXT.  Since they return a structure
unlike standard BSD which just returns an int*. Hmm.. I wonder if it would
not be a bad idea to isolate the code a little better due to this feature.

- Ben