RFE: Portable OpenSSH

Darren Moffat Darren.Moffat at eng.sun.com
Tue Mar 27 09:34:56 EST 2001

>	But in general you are correct - esp WRT to vendor libraries.
>But do thirdparty libraries need to follow this rigour or reasoning ?

In theory I would say yes, but in practice probably not because most
3rd Party stuff doesn't have a "standard" location and most also don't
have the concept of patching and versioning that Solaris uses so dynamically
link OS libraries but static for thinks like OpenSSL libcrypto is fine
as long as you know the pit falls I outlined.

>PS: Is it possible to change a Solaris RunTime Library location ( ie-R
>option) after the executable has been created ?

In Solaris 8 yes, using crle(1).

--
Darren J Moffat