RFE: Portable OpenSSH

Edward S. Marshall emarshall at mercantec.com
Wed Mar 28 04:45:08 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:25:43AM -0800, Darren Moffat wrote:
> The /dev/random that comes with the iPlanet stuff I believe is the
> cryptorandd implmenation from the SUNWski package, I'm not sure of its
> quality but I have heard reporsts that PRNGd is better but an in kernel
> /dev/random (and /dev/urandom for that matter) is much more likely to
> give better randomness.

And for those unwilling to wait for Sun to release something:

        http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~andi/

It's a port of the Linux /dev/[u]random driver to Solaris. Definitely beats
using SUNWski.

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshall at mercantec.com>                 UNIX Administrator
http://www.nyx.net/~emarshal/                                   Mercantec, Inc.