Expired password handling in openssh-2.5.1p1/2

Kevin Taylor ktaylor at eosdata.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 28 07:53:36 EST 2001

OpenSSH already does this by checking the expiration fields in the shadow
file....however if it finds that the password is expired, it just closes
the connection with a Permission Denied...rather than forcing the user to
change their password.

Kevin Steves mentioned that he had once looked at the code for
implementing this, but hadn't finished it.