contrib/solaris/build-pkg

Loomis, Rip GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com
Thu May 3 05:25:52 EST 2001

Ben--
I'm the originator of the packaging scripts,
although I've been doing a lousy job of
maintaining them.  I've just re-surfaced
at work after teaching a class for the last
week (plus two-week-old baby at home, plus
other excuses) and I'm trying to catch up.

I've got 80% of the necessary fixes done
on my test system here, against 2.5.2p1.
I can either send those to you or you can
send me your changes.  (I'm not sure whether
my fixes are complete for the "packages
installed in /opt" case...)  I didn't want
to write a script to generate the prototype
file on the fly when I was "scratching"
my original itch, but that would probably
be appropriate--or even required in order
to do what you need for /opt.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed--thanks.

Rip Loomis		Voice Number: (410) 953-6874
Senior Security Engineer
Center for Information Security Technology
http://www.cist.saic.com