contrib/solaris/build-pkg

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu May 3 05:21:32 EST 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Loomis, Rip wrote:

> Ben--
> I'm the originator of the packaging scripts,
> although I've been doing a lousy job of
> maintaining them.  I've just re-surfaced
> at work after teaching a class for the last
> week (plus two-week-old baby at home, plus
> other excuses) and I'm trying to catch up.

Not a problem.  I rarely go into contrib/ and I was just recently called
on to make solaris packages of SSH.

> I've got 80% of the necessary fixes done
> on my test system here, against 2.5.2p1.
> I can either send those to you or you can
> send me your changes.  (I'm not sure whether
> my fixes are complete for the "packages
> installed in /opt" case...)  I didn't want
> to write a script to generate the prototype
> file on the fly when I was "scratching"
> my original itch, but that would probably
> be appropriate--or even required in order
> to do what you need for /opt.

If you send them to me.. I'll look at and see how close it
handles the /opt aspect.  Most of what I've been doing is attempting
to get a decent enough package together for local testing.

- Ben