SSH and forced wtmp entries ...

Randolf Skerka Randolf-ML at Skerka.de
Mon May 7 16:32:54 EST 2001

Hi all!

wtmp entries are generated when loggin into a system without a command,
e.g. "ssh -l user system". When using an additional command executed by
ssh on the "other side", no wtmp entry will be generated. So the command
"ssh -l user system /bin/csh" will not generate a wtmp entry but the
user is logged in ... I have the problem right know. The users are starting
"xterm" by ssh commandlines and I can't see a wtmp login ... not very nice.
Is somebody working on a patch/feature? E.g. an option in sshd_config
(forced_wtmp) would be nice.

Greets

Randolf