OpenSSH 2.9p1 on 4.3BSD based system

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at tutrp.tut.ac.jp
Wed May 9 10:24:33 EST 2001

Dear developpers,

I successfully compiled OpenSSH 2.9p1 which I get via CVS with a
little modification. Patch is available at
http://www.rc.tutrp.tut.ac.jp/~nakaji/install/NEWS/utils/ref/openssh_cvs-news4.diff.gz

But one problem remains.

In config.h.in, there is a definition about strftime function

/* Define if you have the `strftime' function. */
#undef HAVE_STRFTIME

but this HAVE_STRFTIME directive is not used. And my system, Sony
NEWS-OS 4.2.1a+RD which is 4.3BSD based system, does not have strftime
function so that I must add a library including strftime function to
LIBS variable in Makefile after executing of configure script.

I hope some strftime implementation (strftime.c of OpenBSD?) will be
included in openbsd-compat directory.

Thanks.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki