ssh-keyscan for ssh2 (was Re: openssh-2.9p1)

Wayne Davison wayne at blorf.net
Sat May 19 07:19:57 EST 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Wayne Davison wrote:
> we grab the keys in order of bits 1, 2, then 4.

I should really revisit this decision to see what you all think.  The
current code does not try to contact the same host in parallel, and
maybe it should.  So, you you run "ssh-keyscan -1 -D foo.bar", it first
asks for the RSA1 key, then the DSA key if it was successful.  I could
change it so that it fired off both (all) requests in parallel to the
same host.  Thoughts?

..wayne..