ssh-keyscan for ssh2 (was Re: openssh-2.9p1)

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat May 19 07:30:10 EST 2001

Don't know.. Is it worth it worth it to you, Markus?

ssh-keyscan -1RD to my local OpenBSD sparc it takes around 9 seconds
to request all three.  Where the v2 protocols eat up the most time (about
4 seconds for each v2 key).

Keep in mind that sparc is only a 150mhz SS20.  So it's not the fastest,
box in the world.  I've tried a few other servers I log into and they are
around 3 - 5 seconds to fetch all 3 keys.  So I don't know if parallelize
them (except for large multi-subnet
searches) if it's worth it.

- Ben