Problem compiling 2.9.9p2 on Sol 2.6

Christopher Linn celinn at mtu.edu
Thu Nov 1 10:03:48 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 09:37:56AM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Ed Phillips wrote:
>
> > It appears that "fixpaths" has "/usr/bin/perl" hard-coded in.  This causes
> > make to fail immediately after running configure.
>
> Huh? how is fixpaths run from the Makefile?
>
> -d

yeah, i'm building it with perl in a non-std place, and no fixpaths
problems at all.  from the transcript of my build, fixpaths is called
via
	/path/to/perl ./fixpaths ...

and it just works.  sol 2.6, openssh-2.9.9p2, perl 5.005_03,
/usr/ccs/bin/make, and i tweek paths my fixpaths gets used..

chris

--
Christopher Linn, <celinn at mtu.edu>    | By no means shall either the CEC
Staff System Administrator            | or MTU be held in any way liable