Problem compiling 2.9.9p2 on Sol 2.6

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Fri Nov 2 01:22:58 EST 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Damien Miller wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:37:56 +1100 (EST)
> From: Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org>
> To: Ed Phillips <ed at UDel.Edu>
> Cc: OpenSSH Development <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Subject: Re: Problem compiling 2.9.9p2 on Sol 2.6
>
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Ed Phillips wrote:
>
> > It appears that "fixpaths" has "/usr/bin/perl" hard-coded in.  This causes
> > make to fail immediately after running configure.
>
> Huh? how is fixpaths run from the Makefile?

Look for FIXPATHSCMD in the Makefile and you can see where it is run.

Anyway, it looks like the problem is actually got something to do with the
fact that "PERL" didn't get set when I ran configure (even though you
can't even run configure without it).  Could it be that PERL is not
getting set correctly if it's not in /usr/bin/perl?

Thanks,

	Ed

> -d
>
> --
> | By convention there is color,       \\ Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org>
> | By convention sweetness, By convention bitterness, \\ www.mindrot.org
> | But in reality there are atoms and space - Democritus (c. 400 BCE)

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key