Slow connection performance with ssh2

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Mon Nov 5 08:16:04 EST 2001

If one read the SSH v2 specs they would realize more crypto work is being
done in v2 upfront using D/H.  Markus and others did improved it.  A SS20
150mhz box connects at about 25 seconds.  But when compared to my dual
533mhz it is slow (which is almost instant).

I have a U10 over here which I'll be testing sometime this month, but
there is not much one can do.  Even v2 on NeXT Black slab (68k-25mhz)  is
slow.

It would be intersting to benchmark SSH Corp and vshell on slow boxes to
see where we stand, but I suspect they will be the same or we will be
slightly faster. (We do have the best crypto people in OpenBSD, right
Theo? =)

- Ben