what's the deal with openssh-3.0p1 and kerberos5?

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Nov 8 02:30:30 EST 2001

OpenBSD's version of OpenSSH has KRB5 support ready for use.  The portable
group is still lagging a bit behind.  I saw a set of Kerb5 enabling
patches float by the list from Simon Wilkinson.  I expect they will get
merged in and it will be in a later 3.0pX release or in the next 3.x.x
release.

I could forward you the patch if you wish.. You need to have autoconf 2.52
or better to rebuild the ./configure script.  Simon did (from what I can
tell) a very good job of supporting MIT and HEIMDAL.  Just too bad the two
library developers can't standardize on an API.

- Ben